- Off with a roar, South Racing Can-Am started 2018 by winning the legendary Dakar Rally with the team of Reinaldo Varela and Gustavo Gugelmin. Their victory proved the endurance, toughness, and speed of the Can-Am Maverick X3 side-by-side vehicle.
- In the Desert UTV Pro Production Turbo class, the No Limit R&D -prepared Maverick X3 Turbo R with Phil Blurton and co-pilot Beau Judge won impressive back-to-back Best In The Desert UTV Pro Production Turbo class championships.
- Quickly becoming a team to be reckoned with, Corry Weller and her husband Jason won the LOORRS Production Turbo Championship in their Weller Racing Maverick X3 Turbo R.
- Other major wins include Hunter Miller closing out the GNCC series as champion and Kyle Chaney winning the Heartland Challenge UTV race.
- The tandem of Bruno Varela (son of Reinaldo) and co-driver Gustavo Gugelmin won the Mergouza Rally in Morocco while Casey Currie won de Desafio Inca championship. Other victories took place in Brazil, Australia, and Russia.
Can-Am has once again shown its competitive edge and racing dominance by earning three wins over the weekend in three different series in the Desert Southwest area of the US and also securing six different ATV class wins at the Camp Coker Grand National Cross Country race in South Carolina.
Do you know what almost never happens? A single-vehicle winning every championship it enters—especially against stronger-than-ever competition.
ABU DHABI (UAE): The Monster Energy Can-Am Team enjoyed a sensational team performance at the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge, the punishing five-day second round of the FIA World Cup for Cross-Country Rallies.
We partnered with artist Tom Deininger to give attendees at Club BRP a one of a kind, interactive experience.
This year at Club we partnered with artist Tom Deininger to show attendees how Can-Am is built from the rider down.
Go behind the scenes with Tom to see the build of his one-of-a-kind interactive experience featuring genuine Can-Am parts and riders. Our rides. Our riders. Can-Am is built from the rider down.
A multiple-time series champion in 2018, Maverick X3 drivers look to 2019 to capture even more gold.
2018 was a breakthrough year for side-by-side vehicles in general, led in every corner of the world by the Can-Am Maverick X3. From winning its class in the Dakar Rally to multiple victories across the planet, it’s going to take a lot for competitors to top the most well-rounded champion the sport has seen yet.
This is how the Can-Am Maverick X3 dominated side-by-side racing in 2018:
These hard-fought 2018 victories make us even more excited to see which record will fall next and who will take the next win in a Maverick X3.
Start your engines - there’s going to be a lot of racing action to follow in 2019!