Re: Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles
Dear BRP Dealer,
In cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, Kidde is conducting a safety recall on multiple models of fire extinguishers with plastic handles.
What is the potential problem?
The fire extinguisher can become clogged or require excessive force to discharge, In addition, the nozzle can detach with enough force to pose an impact hazard.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Kidde toll-free at : In USA : 1-855-271-0773 or BRP at 1-800-366-6992.
What are the affected models distributed through BRP?
|MODELS||BRP PART NUMBER||KIDDE PART NUMBER|
|FF210D AUTO |
Note that other models, not distributed by BRP, are involved in Kidde’s safety recall.
What will BRP do?
- BRP is posting this notice and attached Safety Campaign Bulletin on its BOSSWeb dealer website (www.bossweb.com) and will put safety recall information on its public websites.
- The replacement fire extinguishers that will be provided by Kidde may not fit in the same vehicle location as the original ones but could be carried in the PWC storage compartment until BRP provides alternatives of fitment on the vehicles.
What should customers do?
Customers should immediately contact Kidde to request a free replacement fire extinguisher and for instructions on returning the recalled unit, as it may not work properly in a fire emergency. Refer them to Kidde’s toll free numbers and online contact information below.
What should you do?
- Do not sell or use any involved products that you have in stock.
- Immediately display Kidde’s Safety Recall advertisements provided with this letter in prominent locations at your dealership until at least September 2018.
- Contact all known customers who have purchased the affected products. You must inform them about the foregoing.
- Follow the procedure described on the Kidde’s website to submit for a replacement for all the applicable fire extinguishers you have in stock.
- Follow all instructions provided in the attached Safety Campaign Bulletin.
What to do if you feel this notice is an error?
This notice was mailed to you according to the most current information we have available. If you no longer own this watercraft or some information in this notice is incorrect, please contact BRP at your earliest convenience.
If you have questions about this notice, please consult the FAQ in BOSSWeb Knowledge Center:
FAQ - NOTICE SAFETY RECALL for Disposable Fire Extinguishers / Push Button (Pindicator) provided by the manufacturer Kidde - 134038
The Kidde toll-free at:
- Call In USA 1-855-271-0773
Eastern time Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (excluding holidays)
Eastern time Saturday and Sunday 9:00 AM to 3 PM
Online at www.kidde.com and click on “Product Safety Recall” for more information.
If you have any further questions, you can contact BRP:
- By submitting a BOSSWeb PAC case. An agent will communicate with you.
- Call In USA 1-800-366-6992
Eastern time Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Your continued satisfaction with your Can-Am Off-Road is important to us. Please understand that we have taken this action in the interest of your safety and your unit proper operation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.
After-Sales Service Department