Back To Safety Recalls

Brake Fluid Reservoir Caps Replacement

Brake Fluid Reservoir Caps Replacement and Brake Inspection and/or Repair

Dear Can-AmTM Roadster Owner, 

This notice is being sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act, the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act and other applicable laws. Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. and BRP US Inc. (“BRP") are conducting a voluntary safety recall of certain Can-Am Roadster vehicles. Our records indicate that the brake inspection and/or repair procedure has not yet been performed on your vehicle. BRP sincerely apologizes to ask you to have our Can-Am Roadster Dealer perform this procedure as well as an additional repair. 

What is the potential problem? 

It was identified that a limited quantity of Roadster Spyder vehicles may have one or two defective brake fluid reservoir caps and an abnormal quantity of air in the service brake system. This could potentially degrade brake performance. 

What should you do? 

Call an authorized BRP Can-Am Roadster dealer and make an appointment to have your vehicle repaired. We will change the reservoir caps and recheck the brake pressure. The dealer will perform this work at no charge to you. If you wish to drive your vehicle to your nearest dealer, please proceed with the following verifications first. Start the engine and verify that no error appears on the cluster. Then depress brake pedal and pay attention to any free play or spongy pedal or any changes from your previous ride. Apply brakes strongly and verify again if no error message appears on the cluster. Finally, test your brakes in a secure environment. If everything is normal, you may carefully drive your Roadster to your nearest BRP Can-Am Roadster dealer. 

What to do if you feel this notice is an error? 

This notice was mailed to you in accordance with the most current information available to us. If you no longer own this vehicle or some information in this notice is incorrect, please contact BRP at your earliest convenience. 

For US residents only.

If you believe that the dealer or BRP has failed or is unable to remedy the defect within a reasonable time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue S.E. Washington, D.C. 20590, or call the toll free Auto Safety Hot Line at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to 

For Canadian residents only. 

If you believe that the notification or correction is inadequate, that the manufacturer fails to correct the situation in accordance with the notification or it fails or is unable to correct the situation within 60 days, you may submit a complaint to the Road Safety and Motor Vehicle Regulation Directorate of Transport Canada at 1-800-333-0510. 

If you are a vehicle lessor, federal law requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days. 


After-Sales Service Department, 

Bombardier Recreational Products Inc.