Re: Coast-to-Coast Accessory Passenger Seat does not activate pillion switch
Dear Can-Am On-Road® Dealer / Distributor,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic Motor Vehicle and Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Acts. BRP has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists on some Can-Am Spyder Coast-to-Coast accessory passenger seat bases P/N 708 001 833 included in P/N kit 219 400 602 for Can-Am Spyder F3 series and is conducting a safety recall.
What is the potential problem?
The pillion switch is not activated when a passenger is on the seat. This situation may result in a loss of control and possibly cause injuries or even death.
If you have questions or need assistance please visit www.can-am.brp.com or BRP at 1-888-272-9222 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern time 7 days a week.
What will BRP do?
BRP is posting this notice and attached Safety Campaign Bulletin on its BOSSWeb dealer web site (www.bossweb.com) and will display safety recall information on its public web site (www.can-am.brp.com).
What should customers do?
- Visit www.can-am.brp.com to determine whether their specific seat needs to be modified.
- If the seat is included in the recall, the consumer needs to have the seat modified by an authorized Can-Am Spyder dealership.
- In the meantime, if the customer wants to continue riding with a passenger, they need to replace the accessory passenger seat with the production passenger seat.
What should you do?
- Do not sell or use any involved products that you have in stock until they are reworked.
- Immediately display the Safety Recall Notice posters provided with this letter in prominent locations in your dealership until December 31st 2016 at the earliest.
- Contact all known customers who have purchased the affected product and inform them about this safety recall notice.
- Follow all instructions provided in the attached Safety Campaign Bulletin.
What to do if you feel this notice is an error?
This notice was mailed to you according to the most current information we have available. If you no longer own this vehicle or some information in this notice is incorrect, please contact BRP at your earliest convenience.
If you have questions or need assistance, or to find the nearest authorized BRP Can-Am On-Road dealer:
- By submitting a BOSSWeb case. A service representative will communicate with you.
- Call In Canada 1-800-361-9980
- Call In USA 1-800-366-6992
Eastern time Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Your continued satisfaction with your Can-Am On-Road is important to us. Please understand that we have taken this action in the interest of your safety and your unit proper operation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.
After-Sales Service Department