BRP GO! - OVERVIEW
BRP GO! is your one-stop shop for all your connectivity experience with your three-wheel vehicle. The BRP GO! app includes the BRP Connect technology that allows you to use some of your favorite apps directly on your Can-Am Spyder 7.8" wide LCD color display. An integrated step-by-step guide is also available in the app to ensure that you properly connect your phone to your vehicle.
BRP GO! supports devices with Apple iOS 14+ or Android 8.0 (Pie)+ operation systems.
The following languages are supported by BRP GO!: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, German, Russian, Italian, Japanese and Chinese.
BRP GO!’s language automatically follows the default language of the smartphone. It is not possible to change the language of the app manually within the BRP GO! app, only from the language menu of the smartphone’s operating system.
BRP GO! is offered for three playgrounds: Snow, Water and On-Road. Here are the key features for the On-Road playground:
BRP Connect features
- Access quality third-party apps directly on your Can-Am On-Road gauge
Main features of compatible third-party apps:
- Rever: Discover the best places to ride, create custom routes and record rides to share with your friends.
- Genius Maps: Premium GPS navigation app for offline route planning, exploration and navigation
- Fobobike: The world’s first all-Bluetooth smart tire pressure-monitoring system
- Sygic GPS Navigation: World-class GPS navigation app to guide you safely to your destination even without an Internet connection
- EatSleepRIDE: Connect with people in over 130 countries for route-sharing, group rides and safety tips
- Dash Radio: Premium radio with zero commercials that’s 100% free
- Cardo: The highest-quality, longest-distance reception a motorcycle communication system can offer
BRP GO! is available free of charge on both Google Play and the Apple App Store. Some third-party apps (compatible with BRP Connect) may require a subscription or purchase.
Yes. BRP GO! is a mobile app with many navigation and social features while BRP Connect is a technology that enables some of your smartphone apps to directly access the vehicle cluster. BRP Connect screen-mirroring technology is included inside the BRP GO! app.
Only the new large panoramic 7.8" wide LCD color display supports app-mirroring through BRP Connect technology as found on select Can-Am Spyder models. You will be able to control certain functions through the handlebars. Your phone and USB cable are required for this setup.
See the section on BRP Connect in this FAQ page for more info on compatible vehicles, setup and more.
Not to worry, you can mount your phone on your vehicle with a smartphone holder to use the app and all its features.
Yes, your friend can mount their phone on their vehicle to use the app and all its features.
It is not necessary to create an account to use the BRP GO! app. However, some features of the app (such as saving a ride and adding friends) require you to be logged in with an account for them to work. For the best experience, we therefore recommend that you create or log into your account.
BRP GO! is now offering custom content for three playgrounds: Snow, Water and On-Road. We are constantly adding new features and are looking to extend the coverage of this app to as many product lines as possible.
Yes, BRP GO! supports landscape mode on all app key screens.
Technical data related to the smartphone (model and OS), the vehicle (type, model or VIN), the BRP GO! app configuration or the GPS data of your smartphone may be processed by BRP GO! and/or third-party apps (used with BRP Connect) to enable specific functionalities of the app. This information is transferred in a way that, unless specified, does not allow the data to be traced back to the owner or possessor of the smartphone or to the individual user of BRP GO!.
The version of the BRP GO! app installed on your device can easily be found within the Settings menu (upper right button from the home screen). The app version is located at the bottom (e.g. v2.0.0 (1671000)).
At this time, we have not developed our own navigation app for the On-Road playground as we offer a bunch of quality third-party apps that offer this kind of functionality. We invite you to use the mobile apps compatible with BRP Connect to enjoy a unique navigation experience directly in your vehicle’s cluster.
Some web browsers (such as MI and DuckDuckGo) are not compatible with the BRP login and account creation tool, which makes it impossible to open the login page when a phone has one of these browsers by default. The solution is to change the default browser of the device to use another browser (for example: Chrome, Safari or Firefox).
To change the default browser on your Android device:
1. Go to the phone Settings
2. Go to Apps
3. Go to Manage Apps
4. Tap on “...” (upper right)
5. Go to Default Apps
6. Go to Browser
7. Select “Chrome” (or any other browser)
To change the default browser on your iOS device:
1. Go to phone Settings
2. Scroll down until you find the browser app
3. Tap the app
4. Tap "Default Browser App"
5. Select a web browser to set it as the default.
BRP CONNECT - OVERVIEW
BRP Connect is a technology that allows you to use some of your smartphone apps directly on your Can-Am Spyder 7.8" wide LCD color display. The apps are optimized in a couple of critical ways in order to make for a more pleasant and safe riding experience:
1. BRP Connect is compatible with apps that are relevant to riding, reducing unnecessary clutter
2. Each app is optimized in a way that only the information that matters is displayed
Riders can therefore get directions, listen to their favorite music and share experiences while enjoying the open road.
The 7.8" wide LCD color display is currently available on Can-Am Spyder F3-S Special Series, F3-T, F3 Limited, RT, RT Limited and RT Sea-to-Sky packages.
You must first ensure your smartphone device is properly paired to the vehicle via Bluetooth and properly connected via the USB cable.
Once in the standard gauge view, you can easily toggle between the standard and the BRP Connect views by using the phone button located close to the index on the left handlebar. Alternatively, you can press the center portion of the joystick to access the gauge’s menu. BRP Connect is located at the top of the menu.
Holding down the center button will show the BRP Connect home screen where another app can be selected.
The BRP GO! app and BRP Connect compatible apps normally require access to cellular data for full usage. It is, however, possible to access BRP GO! and use apps that offer offline capabilities.
For example, with Genius Maps, you have access to road navigation information without using cellular data since the app is available offline.
It is not possible to use the smartphone once it is connected to BRP Connect because the handset automatically goes into ‘’lock’’ mode.
If you decide to use your smartphone while it is connected to BRP Connect, you will not be able to use BRP Connect on your vehicle. In case you are using your phone and BRP Connect quits on your vehicle, open the BRP GO! app on your phone and your phone will go back in "lock" mode.
Yes. Any smartphone that has the BRP GO! app can connect with a vehicle supporting BRP Connect. Please note the phone must also establish a Bluetooth connection.
BRP CONNECT - SETUP
The following steps must be completed only during initial configuration of BRP Connect:
1. Download the BRP GO! app from the app store. When opened for the first time, you will go through the basic configuration and accept the Terms and Conditions. Select the On-Road playground and then press "BRP Connect" in the interface of the app.
2. Bring the smartphone close to the Can-Am Spyder model -- the vehicle must be turned on and a connection to the vehicle must be made via Bluetooth (detailed procedure is available in the Vehicule Connection Guide in BRP GO! app).
3. Make sure your smartphone is unlocked and that the BRP GO! app is open.
4. Connect the smartphone to the vehicle via the USB cable that was supplied with your phone and the USB connector that is located in the front bin of the F3 and the glove box of the RT.
Note that once connected to BRP Connect, your phone will be locked and you must then use the vehicle controls on the handlebar to access BRP Connect.
Once these initial steps are completed, steps 3 and 4 are the only ones that must be repeated.
Here is a video that summarizes all the steps of the connection process
You can connect your phone in the glove compartment. The Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited and RT Limited packages have a USB input available in their rear cargo, but that input is offered to provide a phone charge to a second phone and is not compatible with BRP Connect.
On the vehicle:
1- Start your vehicle and short-press the joystick to access the menu.
2- Wait for the hourglass icon (located at bottom left of the right screen) to disappear from the screen.
3- Go down and select “Settings” and press right.
4- Select “Bluetooth” and press right.
5- Select “Phone” and press right.
6- Select “Add Phone” and press right. Bluetooth is now visible on the phone.
On the phone:
1- Activate your phone’s Bluetooth function. Refer to your manufacturer’s user guide for the detailed procedure.
2- Choose “BRP Connect”
3- A confirmation number will appear on your phone screen and the vehicle gauge screen. Make sure these numbers match.
4- Press “Pair” on your phone and select the green check mark on the vehicle gauge.
5- Allow Contacts and Favorite Sync on your phone.
Please note that the cluster can remember up to five devices. The last phone connected has priority over the others if more than one paired device is near the vehicle.
- Ensure your device is not locked (i.e. you have your apps in front of you, no need for a PIN, password or any other unlock procedures) and that BRP GO! is open on your phone when connecting it to the vehicle.
- Make sure the smartphone is connected to the USB at the front of the vehicle and that you use a good quality USB cable, i.e. the one usually provided by your phone's manufacturer.
- If you have an Android device, make sure that you have allowed BRP GO! to display over other apps (appear on top of other apps) in phone settings.
- If this does not work, validate if your device is compatible with BRP GO!. The BRP GO! app only supports specific phone models and does not support tablets or iPods. This means that a connection with non-supported phones, iPads or iPods might work but is not guaranteed to function properly.
Firstly, ensure the volume of your audio system is not muted or too low.
Secondly, ensure your smartphone is properly paired via Bluetooth. You can access the Bluetooth menu by accessing the “Settings” menu (the gear icon) from the standard view of the gauge. Then choose “Bluetooth” and “Phone.” The system will confirm whether or not your phone is paired with the vehicle.
We recommend the use of an original phone OEM USB cable to connect a smartphone to the vehicle.
The phone must be stored next to the vehicle’s USB connector, i.e., in the glove compartment.
Bluetooth connectivity does not offer enough bandwidth to send the data loads related to video output. It can only handle audio. This is why there a hardwire connection is needed.
No, if the phone is already paired, it will reconnect automatically after 30–45 seconds once the key is in the “On” position. The cluster can remember up to five devices. The last phone connected has priority over the others if more than one paired device is near the vehicle.
To be able to use BRP Connect technology on your vehicle’s cluster, you must absolutely leave your phone in lock mode (black screen with a check mark) of the BRP GO! app.
If you exit this screen, your vehicle’s cluster will no longer have access to the content of the application and will exit BRP Connect mode. If this situation occurs, simply reopen the BRP GO! app foreground on your phone, and the lock-mode screen should appear (if your phone is still connected via Bluetooth and a USB cable).
Yes. You will need to unlock your phone and open the BRP GO! app before each connection (open the app before plugging in the USB cable).
BRP CONNECT - APPS
Useful apps for the On-Road playground that are compatible with BRP Connect*:
- REVER: Discover the best places to ride, create custom routes and record rides to share with your friends
- Genius Maps: Premium GPS navigation app for offline route planning, exploration and navigation
- FOBO Bike 2: World's first all Bluetooth smart tire pressure monitoring system
- Sygic GPS Navigation: World-class GPS navigation app to guide you safely to your destination even without an internet connection
- EatSleepRIDE (only available on iOS): Connect with people in over 130 countries for route sharing, group rides and safety tips
- Dash Radio: Premium radio with zero commercials and 100% free
- Cardo Connect: The highest quality, longest distance reception a motorcycle communication system can offer
- AccuWeather: Enjoy reliable and accurate forecasts and customized weather information
More third-party apps are available for Snow and Water playgrounds.
The list of compatible apps related to a playground can be found in the BRP Connect section of the BRP GO! app. You will find apps that are installed on your phone AND compatible with BRP Connect (under "My apps") and the list of BRP Connect-compatible apps that are not currently installed on your phone (under "Other compatible apps").
*Please note that the list of compatible apps may differ in your country, depending on the availability of these apps in your region.
BRP Connect is compatible with apps that are relevant to the powersport-riding experience, reducing unnecessary clutter and making for a more pleasant and safer riding experience. All apps are first validated by BRP before being granted access to BRP Connect.
Most smartphones offer the possibility to update apps automatically over Wi-Fi or to send notifications when new updates are available. You can also manually update your apps through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
This process only affects iPhone devices. You must do the following:
1- Select the app you wish to unlock.
2- Confirm you want to use this app via BRP Connect (this confirmation is performed on your vehicle’s display).
3- Confirm once again you wish to use this app via BRP Connect (this second confirmation is performed on your smartphone).
This approval process is required for all apps except the Music and Genius Map apps.
In most cases, the apps are optimized to be used while riding. Some functions may, however, be deactivated when the vehicle is in motion. Either way, always be mindful of the potential distraction hazard of looking at the display.
We advise you to open the app directly from the smartphone every once in a while. Notifications coming from the app may prevent it from working properly with BRP Connect.
Google (Waze and Google Maps) and Apple (Apple Maps) have not made their apps available to BRP Connect at this time. Meanwhile, it should be noted that navigation in offline mode was an important request from customers during development, a feature that neither of the aforementioned apps support.