Re: Lithium-on Rechargeable Batteries for Heated Gloves Due to Fire Hazard
Dear Ski-Doo® and Can-Am® Dealer,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of Health Canada and other applicable laws.
Which items are involved?
Heated gloves and 2 lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.
What is the potential problem?
While charging, the lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs can overheat and pose a fire hazard. Please discontinue use immediately.
If you have questions or need assistance please visit www.ski-doo.com or www.can-am.brp.com or BRP at 1-888-272-9222 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern time 7 days a week.
What should you do?
- Immediately disconnect all battery packs from the electrical connections inside the gloves’ battery pouches and avoid charging the battery packs.
- Bring all battery packs and charger for a full reimbursement to an authorized dealership.
- Go to an authorized dealership and bring all battery packs and charger for a full reimbursement.
- You can keep the gloves.
What to do if you feel this notice is an error?
This notice was mailed to you according to the most current information we have available. If any information in this notice is incorrect, please contact BRP at your earliest convenience.
If you have questions, need assistance, or to find your nearest authorized BRP dealer:
- Visit www.ski-doo.com or www.can-am.brp.com
- Call In the US 1-888-638-5397
9:30 AM to 5:30 PM Eastern time Monday to Thursday
10:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern time Friday
Your continued satisfaction is important to us. Please understand that we have taken this action in the interest of your safety. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.
After-Sales Service Department