Steering Column Half Bushings May Be Missing - Potential Loss of Steering Control.
Transport Canada Recall #2022-283
Dear BRP Customer,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. This is to inform you that your vehicle may contain a defect that could affect the safety of a person. BRP is conducting a safety recall.
Our records show that you own a potentially affected vehicle.
What is the potential problem?
Some vehicles may have been assembled without the steering column half bushings. Over time, this could cause the Dynamic Power Steering (DPS) shaft to break causing a loss of steering control. This condition may increase the risk of crash resulting in injury or death.
Which models are involved?
- Certain serial numbers of Model Year 2022 Can-Am Outlander and Outlander MAX vehicles equipped with 570, 650, 850 or 1000R engines, as well as 2022 Renegade XMR 1000R.
What should you do?
- Please contact your authorized BRP Can-Am Off-Road dealer to schedule an appointment to have the safety recall done on your vehicle.
- BRP will repair your vehicle at no cost.
- The repair is to inspect the steering column half bushings, and, if necessary, install the missing steering column half bushings.
- The repair should take one hour to perform.
- BRP recommends that you avoid using your vehicle until their vehicle is repaired.
If you leased this vehicle:
- You shall send a copy of this letter to the lessee within ten working days after the day you received this letter.
- You shall do the same with any future letters about this safety recall.
What to do if you feel you have received this notice by mistake:
This notice was mailed to you according to the most current information we have available.
If you no longer own this vehicle or some information regarding your name or address are incorrect, please contact BRP at your earliest convenience.
Your safety and continued satisfaction with our products are a priority for us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and remain committed to facilitating the process as much as we can.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.
BRP Customer Services Department
If you have questions or need assistance, or to find the nearest authorized BRP dealer:
• Visit www.brp.com
• Or call: 1-888-272-9222
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern time 7 days a week.