Fuel Hose Assembly Internal Damage - Potential Fuel Leak
Dear BRP Customer,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the applicable laws. BRP has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in some vehicles and is conducting a safety recall.
Our records show that you own a potentially affected vehicle.
What is the potential problem?
Some vehicles were assembled with a fuel hose assembly that may have internal damage which could lead to a fuel leak.
Fire could occur in the presence of an ignition source. In some situations, this could result in serious property damages, injuries or even death.
Which models are involved?
Specific serial numbers of model year 2023 Can-Am® Commander series, Defender series, Maverick Trail and Sport series equipped with a HD7, HD9, HD10, 1000 or 1000R engines.
What should you do?
● Contact immediately your authorized BRP Can-Am dealer and schedule an appointment to have the safety recall performed on your vehicle.
● The repair is to replace the fuel hose assembly. The procedure should take less than an hour.
● BRP will repair your vehicle at no cost.
● BRP recommends that customers avoid using their vehicle until the repair is performed.
● If you leased this vehicle:
○ Send a copy of this letter to the lessee within ten working days after the day you received this letter.
○ Do the same with any future letters about this safety recall.
What to do if you feel you have received this notice by mistake:
This notice was mailed to you according to the most current information we have available.
If you no longer own this vehicle or some information regarding your name or address are incorrect, please contact BRP at your earliest convenience.
Your safety and continued satisfaction with our products are a priority for us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and remain committed to facilitating the process as much as we can.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.
BRP Customer Services Department
If you have questions or need assistance, or to find the nearest authorized BRP dealer:
- Visit www.brp.com
- Call: +44 20 88 65 04 89