Front Sprocket Wear - Potential Loss of Propulsion
Dear BRP Customer,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. BRP has decided that a defect related to motor vehicle safety exists in the following vehicles. As a result, BRP is conducting a safety recall.
Our records show that you own a potentially affected vehicle.
What is the potential problem?
The front sprocket may be defective and may be subject to premature wear. Over time, the vehicle could lose propulsion. If the vehicle loses propulsion, there is an increased risk of a crash.
Which models are involved?
Certain 2015 to 2019 Can-Am® Spyder RT and F3 vehicles
What should you do?
- BRP will repair your vehicle at no cost.
- BRP will be offering an interim repair procedure. The procedure will act as a temporary solution until the front sprocket replacement is available as all front sprockets will need to be replaced. The procedure will be available at your dealer starting on June 30 and should take less than an hour.
- The parts for the final repair will gradually be available in a very limited quantity over an extended period, due to supply chain limitations. The replacement procedure should be available at your dealer starting on August 30 and should take less than an hour.
- The wear occurs over usage time and varies between vehicles. In case of a loss of propulsion, you will maintain steering and braking functions, but you will not be able to maintain your speed. If you continue to ride your vehicle before the sprocket replacement, we recommend that you go to your dealer for the interim repair procedure.
If you leased this vehicle:
- You shall send a copy of this letter to the lessee within ten working days after the day you received this letter.
- You shall do the same with any future letters about this safety recall.
If after contacting your dealer and the Customer Assistance Center, you are still not satisfied we have done our best to remedy this condition without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to write the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590, call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1.888.327.4236 (TTY 1.800.424.9153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Campaign ID Number for this recall is 22V352.
If you previously had to replace the front sprocket for this issue and BRP did not cover the cost of the repair, please contact us for reimbursement. However, your vehicle will still need to have the recall repair.
What to do if you feel you have received this notice by mistake:
This notice was mailed to you according to the most current information we have available.If you no longer own this vehicle or some information regarding your name or address are incorrect, please contact BRP at your earliest convenience.
Your safety and continued satisfaction with our products are a priority for us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and remain committed to facilitating the process as much as we can.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.
BRP Customer Services Department
If you have questions or need assistance, or to find the nearest authorized BRP dealer:
• Visit www.brp.com
• Or call: 1-888-272-9222
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern time 7 days a week.