Tip 1: Come prepared
Before your visit, put together a list of questions about the 3-wheelers or products you're curious about. A good place to start is the website, where you'll be able to browse through different models, available colours, unit prices, accessories, and more. When it comes to questions, don't hold back: remember that the dealership staff is there to help.
You should also be able to quickly summarize what you're looking for during this particular visit – kind of like an elevator pitch, in a sentence or two. Are you just looking? Are you ready to buy a 3-wheel motorcycle? How will this vehicle fit your lifestyle? Is it only for weekend road trips or everyday use? This info will help the staff best serve you.
Tip 2: Be open about what you don't know
Even if you did a bunch of research before your dealership visit, it's okay if you don't understand every aspect of the product info. You should never hesitate to mention things you aren't sure about: asking lots of questions doesn't mean you're inexperienced, it just means you're curious and enthusiastic!
One of the best ways to get to know a vehicle in-depth is getting a full walkaround, so make sure to ask one of the staff members for a product tour.
Tip 3: Know who you're working with
Sometimes, the rep that will go through the purchase process with you is different from the one who will get you set up with the proper accessories or riding gear. Don't hesitate to ask a team member to direct you to the right person – that way, you'll get the most relevant and specialized service.
Tip 4: Get your bearings in advance
Walking into a space with confidence is much easier if you know your way around. So, before you visit your local 3-wheel motorcycle dealership, get familiar with what awaits you in the showroom.
The classic BRP showroom is a modern open space, with lots of room for browsing and exploring your way around each Can-Am Ryker or Spyder. Inside, you'll find demo vehicles, a dedicated section for riding gear, and another for 3-wheel accessories . In terms of helpful materials, you’ll also find:
- Product spec books: These catalogs cover every Can-Am product you can buy, from 3-wheeler vehicles to accessories, apparel, and maintenance products. Since these catalogs are usually behind the counter, feel free to ask for one by name.
- Magalogs: This magazine-style resource presents Can-Am On-Road products through a lifestyle lens. Flip through it to find articles and info about product news and to see our 3-wheel motorcycles in action.
- Stand-up banners and countermats: Located throughout the dealership, you’ll find visual assets that lay out all of the Can-Am On-Road vehicles and colour options for the current model year.
- Women of On-Road leaflets: Learn more about the female rider community, how to join the Facebook group, and how to find female riding groups near you.
- Design Lab: Every dealer that sells Can-Am Ryker products has this display in their showroom. It includes some Ryker panels, LinQ accessories, and a touch-screen TV equipped with the Retail App, which allows consumers to build their dream vehicle.
Step in with confidence
Now that you know how to buy a Can-Am Ryker or Spyder and prepare for your dealership visit, there’s only one thing left to do: go for it! Our experienced reps will be more than happy to help you out.